Holy cow on a cracker, I’ve been nominated for an award 🙂 I figured I might as well do it so my awesome audience can know a little bit more about me! Or they might just, you know, not care. I’m taking a chance on this one! I have to thank the lovely Attempting Reality for nominating me, you guys should check out her blog, it’s funny, quirky and generally
Here are the rules:
– Display the Award Certificate on your blog (with great pleasure)
– Link back to the person who nominated you (HA, I would have done that anyway, she’s awesome)
– Present 15 awards to 15 deserving bloggers (I’ve only been blogging for two weeks, but I’ll try!)
– Leave them a comment to let them know after you have linked them to a post. (on their ‘about’ page?)
– Post 7 interesting things about yourself. (crap. 7 interesting things? that many?)
OK, so 7 interesting things. Suck it up Confused Teen (I would put my name, but I’m conserving anonymity on the big bad Internet), and think. In case you were wondering, yes, I often give myself pep talks. And if you weren’t, well… well… I have no words. Anywho, here goes.
1. I have a weird obsession with cookies and sports. Have you noticed?
2. I was born in the same clinic where the French first lady (at the time, Carla Bruni) had her baby and passed it everyday for years on my way to school. I feel special right? Not.
3. I lived in San Francisco from the age of 2 months to 6 years. Because our (pink) house was in West Portal on a hill where it was always foggy, my mom would bundle me up in sweaters and turtlenecks before school in the morning, only to go down into the valley to find that the sun was blazing and it was sweltering hot. Ironically enough, she didn’t stop doing that when she found out about the weather differences. Now I’m thinking she was out to get me.
4. I have never spent more than 3 years in a school, and I won’t before college. I always held it against my parents that we moved around so much, but now I realize that if we hadn’t, I would have never met all the amazing people that are in my life today *dabs tissue daintily against eye and blows nose like a trumpet*
5. I never eat much when I’m not home, but when I am I eat waaaay to much. I then feel guilty about it, and eat some more. At this point I usually get called out to play baseball or football because my mom has noticed that the chocolate chip cookies are all gone and since she’s convinced that a future of lying on a couch eating chips like Honey Boo Boo’s mom awaits me, she feels responsible to ensure that I move around enough. I appreciate her motives, but as a naturally lazy person, I say ugh.
6. I’m claustrophobic, which is one of the reasons that I love the countryside, convertible cars and Field of Dreams. Although it does kind of piss me off that I can’t go in the tube slides at the water park. I wonder if you feel like you’re processed food going down the intestine when you’re inside.
7. I am a perfectionist. If I don’t position my toothbrush exactly right in its holder, I feel like it’s calling me to come back and arrange it again. On second thought, maybe I’m just crazy.
There, if you had the courage and perseverance to read all of that, you now know 7 things about me. I’ll nominate 15 bloggers, and even if they don’t take up the challenge, I think it’s cool that you can see their links and check them out!
Live long and prosper \V/
The Mostly Confused Teenager.
PS: I didn’t hyperlink the nominees because I’m too lazy. Just thought I’d clear that up.